Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Client Says "Thanks" This Thanksgiving Season

My Thanksgiving:

I am grateful for having two wonderful kids.

I am grateful that they were born here.

I am grateful for having met Homestretch.

I am grateful that I can drive to and from my job and to other places like the grocery store and church.

I am grateful for this time in my life when I am able to be proud of myself, and feel great about decisions I made without changing my personality.

I am grateful for having become employed by a great company.

I am grateful for being patient and having good people around me to encourage me and help me wake up when I feel down, especially my therapist, case manager and my mentor Christopher Fay.

I am grateful for my church.

Mostly, I am grateful for the Lord, for having kept me alive all these years, and now I’m having fruits of joy one after the other, and now I believe God is not a man that He can lie.

My thought for the Day:
My life is like a tree, the roots are bitter, the trunk is hard but the fruit is sweet.

These words of thanks were written a week before Thanksgiving by a young woman who was human trafficked and experienced extreme trauma before coming to Homestretch. She is now excelling – working full time while pursuing a nurses’ degree, in the hopes of helping other women who have gone through what she has gone through.

No comments:

Post a Comment